1. Wanting a new Role Play but feeling a bit shy? Remember we are a family here. Don't be afraid to take the first step, send the first message, and start something new. If you want someone to bounce ideas off of you can always look for us in the Chat, we are here. We love role playing as much as you do.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you are having problems registering please contact Castiel at [email protected]
  3. Our FAQ has been edited and questions have been added. Check it out here! Things will be added in the future as questions come up or other questions are thought about.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Top RP Sites Top RP Sites Want some more partners? Vote EVERYDAY for us on TopRPsites! Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

Another section in character profiles

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Sadrain, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Sadrain

Sadrain draғтed draғтed

I've just brought over an old character of mine to here and am in process of making another lengthy profile for a completely new one. And I thought it'd be lovely if there was one more tab where I could put all of their 'not general', but tied to certain role play information, without it meddling with rest of profile. I feel like if I keep adding that into biography tab, I'll run out of space, soon. I don't know if it's possible to code another tab, perhaps simply titled 'Other' or something, but maybe it's possible power/abilities and weapons tab can be united and then rename the last tab? There's usually not much of info on either of them, from profiles I've seen. Of course, if it's inconvenient, against the original plan of the site or otherwise impossible, that's okay, I'm just thinking out loud here, kind of. But personally, it'd be something I'd love to see.

2. Rogue

Rogue ☢Pᴇʟᴠɪᴄ Sᴏʀᴄᴇʀʏ☢ adмιnιѕтraтor

Supreme
    There is no character limit in the biography tab, as far as I know.
    Although we will certainly put it into consideration. :]

Sadrain likes this.
  3. Sadrain

Sadrain draғтed draғтed

Ah, alright, I just know there is one in Basic Information and I feared there might be one in Biography, too. Thank you for clarification. Well, if the Other tab ever comes, I'd still be happy, but with this knowledge, I'll know how to arrange my profile accordingly already.

4. Rogue

Supreme
    If you have any issues, like hitting a limit, let me know IMMEDIATELY. There's not supposed to be one.
    However, I will bring up the extra tab, we have a staff meeting coming up soon, and I think it could be a pretty neat idea. :]

5. Sadrain

Sadrain draғтed draғтed

I think it was rather high, 10000 characters or something of the sorts? I found it after I squished intro, appearance and personality in the first tab (couldn't save the profile). After that, I moved personalty to second. I will double check later and thank you!

Rogue likes this.
  6. Xavirne

Xavirne draғтed draғтed

Hmmm, no limit you say? I'm getting this error...
    [​IMG]

7. Rogue

Supreme
    That must be because I went in and changed it after this conversation so see if that wouldn't fix the issue with Basic Information.
    So, yeah.
    No limit, I say.

8. Xavirne

Xavirne draғтed draғтed

I definitely like the unlimited option! Thank you for bringing it back ;)

9. Rogue

Supreme
    It was all supposed to be unlimited, but the thing that I saw/changed was in fact a character limit. Looked like 1,000. I changed it to 0 because that usually makes it completely unlimited. So, since that didn't work, I just ramped up the limit so high that there is no humanly way possible anyone is going to hit it putting up a character profile.

Sadrain likes this.
  10. Sadrain

Sadrain draғтed draғтed

Thank you sooo much! :D Now I can write to my heart's content. Woohoo.

Xavirne and Rogue like this.
  11. Rogue

Supreme
    Ask and you shall receive, love.
    Any other ideas you have, don't be shy!

Sadrain likes this.
  12. Xavirne

Xavirne draғтed draғтed

How hard is it to add tabs, specifically an "Extra" tab for miscellaneous stuff.

Yesterday I was thinking of moving a character over but there's some stuff that doesn't really go in any of the listed sections (at least not without adding extra clutter). That and I was thinking of pulling out character quotes as well as linking him to roleplays he'll be in. Or should I put all this stuff in a character journal?

13. Sadrain

Sadrain draғтed draғтed

Well, there is the 'Other' tab now. I think it could qualify as 'Extra'

C.C. likes this.
  14. Xavirne

Xavirne draғтed draғтed

Wait, how come I don't see it? O.O

Edit: Oh snap, my page has been offline on computers. No wonder nothing new ever shows up on my computer.... OOPS!

15. Rogue

Supreme
    BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT LOOKING WITH YOUR SPECIAL EYEZ.
    You won't see it on any previous characters because the tab is essentially 'empty'. If there's nothing in a tab, it won't show up on the profiles.

Sadrain and C.C. like this.
  16. Xavirne

Xavirne draғтed draғтed

It was definitely my non-special eyes that were causing the issue. I realized this when I went to create a new character and it said "You're offline." HERP A DERP.

Rogue and Sadrain like this.