1. Wanting a new Role Play but feeling a bit shy? Remember we are a family here. Don't be afraid to take the first step, send the first message, and start something new. If you want someone to bounce ideas off of you can always look for us in the Chat, we are here. We love role playing as much as you do.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you are having problems registering please contact Castiel at [email protected]
  3. Our FAQ has been edited and questions have been added. Check it out here! Things will be added in the future as questions come up or other questions are thought about.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Top RP Sites Top RP Sites Want some more partners? Vote EVERYDAY for us on TopRPsites! Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

As an Experienced Roleplayer...

Discussion in 'Rant Threads' started by Pastel Rivaille, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Pastel Rivaille

Pastel Rivaille draғтed draғтed

I love role playing, I really, really do. It lets me relieve stress from work and college, but sometimes it absolutely drives me up a wall. This is my rant! Note: I will use the letter 'B' to signify the other person. There are no correlations, so chill and let me write a rant. Also, I have to apologize. English is not my first language. I respect everyone! -Don'ts hurts te snuggle-muffin ;~;-

I absolutely hate it when, if I specify how many lines minimum a response needs to be, B decides to be a little... you get what I'm saying. Anywho, B decides "Hey, fuck the starter you've spent twenty minutes of your time on, I'm going to give half assed, one liners!" Ugh. And normally, when I politely ask B to write more than that and use correct grammar so on and so forth, B gets pissy with me. it's like, excuse you, I wrote this, not you. You came asking, not me. I wrote the 'rules' to MY role play, not YOU. Once, some jack ass said, and I quote, "Fine. We'll do it your way." Excuse me?

If it's a more sexual role play, Sweet Chris Motionless. I always specify 'long term' and 'slow build,' yet what do I find? Twenty comments in, {input sexual response here}. Usually it's the same ones with the whole line issue. Always, actually, in my experience. Uuuuuggghhhhhhh I role play to forget horny idiots who can't keep it in their pants for a bit, not find more! -If that statement confuses you, guilty! Gayby, right here.-

Final rant, I think! I'm usually pretty good with my grammar. Japanese is my first language, so seldom if B's character asks mine how -normally- he is doing, I might accidentally say 'Being well.' B most likely responds with WTF and I have to explain "Hey, jackass, didn't you learn anything in high school? Nt the entire fucking world speaks English as a native language. And, no offense to any Americans whatever, but I've found that the some of the people who live in America (kicking at about 293) I have role played with in the past have such bad grammar, but get so offended if I screw up. I don't understand the 'shortening words' thing. How hard is it to type Y O U? Like, sorry I put a comma where it doesn't belong. But what really confuses me is when people in general who don't use good grammar can perfectly point out my little mistakes, yet they use such bad grammar I can't read!

Well, that's my rant. Sorry it's so long and I hope I didn't offend anyone! Condolences if I did!

Nova Wicked and Castiel like this.