1. Wanting a new Role Play but feeling a bit shy? Remember we are a family here. Don't be afraid to take the first step, send the first message, and start something new. If you want someone to bounce ideas off of you can always look for us in the Chat, we are here. We love role playing as much as you do.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you are having problems registering please contact Castiel at [email protected]
  3. Our FAQ has been edited and questions have been added. Check it out here! Things will be added in the future as questions come up or other questions are thought about.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Top RP Sites Top RP Sites Want some more partners? Vote EVERYDAY for us on TopRPsites! Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

It's really embarrassing when it takes you nearly 30 minutes to find out how to post a thread.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MeulinLeijon, Jan 6, 2017.

1. MeulinLeijon

MeulinLeijon SugarSkull recrυιт

I thought I was used to post-by-post roleplay, but I took 30 whole minutes to realize, "Oh I actually have to have to choose a topic to post in." See, I'm used to dorky things like Hivetale and Flarping (which are both gone now, cri every temmie) where it's like your character own a social media account, post whatever, especially if it's small and stupid! Those things normally get the best responses! However, I feel like if I post the small, funny, quirky things Meulin would post on here... I wouldn't get much traction. This seems like a more paragraph, lengthy, plot driven rp site. Its kind of terrifying! I also doubt there are any Homestuck account here. My poor baby is all alone with thought-out OCs and fantasy based characters! What do when don't know what do?

[​IMG]

2. Nova Wicked

Nova Wicked Goddess of Inebriation adмιnιѕтraтor

Professional Problem Solver
    Home Page:
    There is no shame in it taking you a little while to get used to a new format. Goodness knows I have been in that same position before. We are a little bit different here than a post by post platform.

I would not worry so much about your post length. We have a wide range of posting styles on this site. As for myself, depending on the role-play I am I post anywhere from a paragraph to a novella worth of words. <.< We do not have a purely Homestuck community here but that does not mean people do not know what it is or do not want to role play in the verse.

I can totally tell you what do, you did exactly it. Get an introduction posted so we can get to know you and we can help you out if you need it.

You might want to look at the ROLE PLAY REQUESTS AND INTEREST CHECKS section if you haven't already and browse through some of them or post up your own thread. Don’t forget to check out our in browser CHAT .

If you have any other questions all of the staff is here and able to answer them. I look forward to seeing you around the site and to what role plays you get up to.

Cheers,
    <3 Nova

MeulinLeijon likes this.
  3. MeulinLeijon

Oh I noticed, do you use multiple characters on the same account on here? I'm used to having one account per character. I should probably start jotting down stuff and making Meu in the character maker. On top of using the account itself as more of an OOC thingy.

Nova Wicked likes this.
  4. Taoist Panda

Taoist Panda ѕcrιвe ѕcrιвe

Hey! Welcome to the site! To answer your question: yes you can have multiple characters on the same account. Using pemade characters or creating character profiles is purely optional. I normally just make up characters on the fly for each individual RP I do, but if you wanted to create a catalog of your characters you can do that, too.

Nova Wicked and MeulinLeijon like this.
  5. Nova Wicked

Home Page:
    To add on to Panda's answer your user account is the umbrella that all of your actions fall under. We have people who are very active in OOC chatter and interactions, and we have others who post very little outside of role-play posts.

We do allow character accounts, however, we do require that you use your birthday for creating the account rather than the characters. That being said I personally find it easier to create a character showcase profile for each of your characters you would use under a single main account.

We are mostly a one on one role play style community, however, it seems lately that we have had an influx of group and open role plays.

Hopefully all of this is helpful and not overwhelming. @.@

6. MeulinLeijon

I have another small problem, I made the picture small in my signature, but it decides to be huge. This might be annoying for others so is there a way for it not to be blown up? Or it might just be on my end and it hasn't updated for me.

7. Nova Wicked

Home Page:
    Did you resize via a photo editing program or did you just do it in the signature editing text box?

8. Fruity

Fruity Black Magic Woman corporal

Nerd slayer, Sales Associate
    Hi friend. Welcome and stuff. I'm relatively new here too. I've learned there's alot of cool cats here though that will be cool with however, and whatever you'd like to post.

If you have any questions on where to begin, (because sometimes people are a little shy to getting started), let me, or one of the staffy staffs know.

As for roleplays, I know homestuck is a web comic, and I know people cosplay the characters alot. I'd love to hear about it a bit in a conversation.

As for your picture, I'd you send it to me in a conversation, I can resize it for you, and send it back!

Nova Wicked likes this.
  9. MeulinLeijon

[​IMG]
    Wow I'm a smart person with a brain. I never even thought about using an external tool/site to resize it. (also pardon my amount of gifs, my main character speaks gifanese and loves using then, so now I'm in the habit)

10. Nova Wicked

Home Page:
    You are fine darling. We at all here to help :3

11. SSG Jacob Brown

SSG Jacob Brown corporal corporal

Army Recruiter
    Best thing to do is still the forms till you find something that interests you and start writing. Best thing to do is learn on the fly!