1. Wanting a new Role Play but feeling a bit shy? Remember we are a family here. Don't be afraid to take the first step, send the first message, and start something new. If you want someone to bounce ideas off of you can always look for us in the Chat, we are here. We love role playing as much as you do.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you are having problems registering please contact Castiel at CastielRRP@yahoo.com.
  3. Our FAQ has been edited and questions have been added. Check it out here! Things will be added in the future as questions come up or other questions are thought about.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Top RP Sites Top RP Sites Want some more partners? Vote EVERYDAY for us on TopRPsites! Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

Staying Logged in Issue

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Xavirne, Jul 15, 2014.

1. Xavirne

Xavirne draғтed draғтed

Uhh... for some odd reason I have to keep logging in if I open a new tab. And, if I don't, it logs me out of the other page that I was active in. Not sure if this is just a "Xavi-only" issue. Figured it was best just to report it on the off chance I'm not the only one with this issue.

Updates:
    Using a plug-inless version of Mozilla (can't have images showing while at work).
    Restarting didn't fix it.
    Might just be a random error on my end due to my unique display needs?

2. C.C.

C.C. The Sentinel adмιnιѕтraтor

Did you check the box to remain logged in at all times?

You may also want to tell Firefox to remember your password for the site.

There's a chance Java is being a little bitch and causing problems. Make sure it's up to date.​

3. Rogue

Rogue ☢Pᴇʟᴠɪᴄ Sᴏʀᴄᴇʀʏ☢ adмιnιѕтraтor

Supreme
    This is certainly a unique issue, and may have an issue with your computer/network confusing the site as a social network and refusing to keep you logged in...
    Try what C.C. suggested, and if it's still an issue, I will poke around with our tech and see if anything comes up.

4. Xavirne

Xavirne draғтed draғтed

Well that's the thing, this is the first time this has happened and I've been doing this method of logging in since I joined. It's just really weird. Although, this is my first time connecting in NY -- not sure that should be the issue but it's definitely the only difference between this time and all the other times. Unless there was a minor site change? Or browser patch/update (of which I cannot download; remember, I cannot have an updated form of the browsers as I cannot have images display). ... okay so there are a lot of variables! Either way, I'll just keep 'dealing with it' as it happens and hope that in due time it'll correct or become a non-issues.

5. Rogue

Supreme
    I will poke about and see if it's an issue on our end, otherwise, it may just be a browser issue. >:

6. C.C.

Did you update Java? That's critical as Java can disturb anything- including any sites you visit daily.

Keep in mind, Java is a script related program. Whether you want to display images or not, Java needs to be up to date for your browser to work properly.​

7. Xavirne

Xavirne draғтed draғтed

As far as I know, the browser is updated but there are aspects that are blocked. Today I'm not having issues so yesterday might have been an off day for my computer. Who knows!

8. Rogue

Supreme
    xDD!

9. C.C.

To be safe, you should look to see if your Java is up to date. Firefox does not update Java for you, you must update it manually.

Verify your java version. If you need to update it you can look for the proper version here.

10. Rogue

Supreme
    Apparently my Java was not up to date. >______>;

-updates-

11. Xavirne

Xavirne draғтed draғтed

Java, Shockwave, Silverlight, NVIDIA, Adobe -- all are up to date, as per work requirements and notices. I don't have to worry about anything not being up to date or installed improperly.

I truly believe my issue comes with the grittier version of Mozilla I am forcing myself to work with. I have certain plug-ins and extensions disabled to allow myself to access the site while at work. If I do not take these precautions, I would cease to be a member of the site as I usually only access it during down times while at work.

In addition to using Image Block, I have to use incognito mode when logging on too -- so saving/remembering usernames is null and void the second I close my browser. Again, this is all on my end as I cannot be on the site without taking these extra, necessary measures.

I do believe that doing all this back-end stuff to secure my accessing of the site is what is infringing upon my ability to stay logged in when opening new tabs and windows. It is definitely a pain but it's the only way I can access the site without 1) getting caught or 2) making it blatantly obvious that I'm doing something I'm not supposed to be doing.

12. Rogue

Supreme
    Now that everything is a little clearer, it's definitely because you're using 'incognito' mode. It acts like of like a proxy, it won't keep you logged in, it registers a new tab completely differently from the original tab.

C.C. likes this.
  13. Xavirne

Xavirne draғтed draғтed

But that's the thing, it has never done this before. It's only doing it now, which is what's so weird. How can it work one week and not the next?

14. C.C.

Depending on the company you work for they could issue remote updates to their computers.

You should be fine as long as you don't open more tabs or windows and stick to the tab you're using for RRP.​

15. Rogue

Supreme
    I'm not sure why it worked before but isn't now, but I'm almost positive that that is the issue.