1. Wanting a new Role Play but feeling a bit shy? Remember we are a family here. Don't be afraid to take the first step, send the first message, and start something new. If you want someone to bounce ideas off of you can always look for us in the Chat, we are here. We love role playing as much as you do.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you are having problems registering please contact Castiel at [email protected]
  3. Our FAQ has been edited and questions have been added. Check it out here! Things will be added in the future as questions come up or other questions are thought about.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Top RP Sites Top RP Sites Want some more partners? Vote EVERYDAY for us on TopRPsites! Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

What Really Grinds your Gears?

Discussion in 'Rant Threads' started by Rogue, May 11, 2014.

1. Rogue

Rogue ☢Pᴇʟᴠɪᴄ Sᴏʀᴄᴇʀʏ☢ adмιnιѕтraтor

Supreme
    When the internet dies while I'm trying to watch House.
    Do you mind, Suddenlink?

Nova Wicked likes this.
  2. Nova Wicked

Nova Wicked Goddess of Inebriation adмιnιѕтraтor

Professional Problem Solver
    Home Page:
    I am totally watching House right now...

Rogue likes this.
  3. Rogue

Rogue ☢Pᴇʟᴠɪᴄ Sᴏʀᴄᴇʀʏ☢ adмιnιѕтraтor

Supreme
    HOUSE BLOCK PARTY.

Nova Wicked and C.C. like this.
  4. Castiel

Castiel Night Guard and Rottweiler adмιnιѕтraтor

Overnight Stocker
    Home Page:
    People who take things on the internet way too seriously.

Rogue and Nova Wicked like this.
  5. Nova Wicked

Nova Wicked Goddess of Inebriation adмιnιѕтraтor

Professional Problem Solver
    Home Page:
    AUTOCORRECT.

Snickerz likes this.
  6. Castiel

Overnight Stocker
    Home Page:
    Males who think they're entitled to females. And vice versa because some females are like that too. Nobody is entitled to anybody.

Last edited: May 28, 2014
    Nova Wicked likes this.
  7. Taoist Panda

Taoist Panda ѕcrιвe ѕcrιвe

People that overuse and missuse certain words

Rogue likes this.
  8. Snickerz

Snickerz Lady Snix вanned

Or not serious enough.....

Example:

I know a guy who accused my bff of fucking his grand kids.... Then figured the next day that he and my bff should be best friends... Like it was just a big joke.

There are some lines you don't cross... And A LOT of people who don't get that.

9. Castiel

Overnight Stocker
    Home Page:
    People who think that because I'm 24 I don't know what I'm doing or talking about. Seriously? I have always been mentally ahead of my age group. I have had to take care of and raise myself since I was EIGHT YEARS OLD. I have an IQ of ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY... That's considered a "genius" IQ level, thank you very much. I know EXACTLY what I'm doing. Just because it doesn't make sense to you or you don't understand it doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing. Ever think you don't understand it because YOU are the one too fucking stupid and naive to know what YOU'RE doing? So when I do something that gets results, and you don't get it, guess who wins? I do. The 24 year old "baby." People who I have spoken to online who didn't know my age thought I was 10 years older than I am. On my 21st birthday I didn't get so shitfaced I was sick and ill and forgot everything the next day. I had two drinks with a friend at the bar, sang karaoke at the bar, and went back to my dorm room because I had class in the morning. When I was 16 I was considered a "loser" because I didn't do what all the cool kids were doing, because I thought it was fucking stupid as hell and irresponsible. I know more about what I'm talking about and doing than half the people I work with, and the majority of the people I work with are over 30-years-old.

On the topic of "baby." People who are in their 40's and 50's or older and call me a "baby" because I'm 24 (Not like.. a cry baby. but like.. young person "baby"). No, I'm not a baby, I'm a young 24 year old man.. I've hit puberty, I can grow a beard if I so choose. I don't think "babies" can do that? "Baby" is so condescending and derogatory. I'm not a fucking baby, I'm in my mid-20's for crying out loud. I am an adult with adult responsibilities and no one taking care of me except myself. And people who call me that who are like 29/30/31.... What? I'm only 5/6/7 years younger than you. How does that make me a "baby"? You aren't that much fucking older than me. Get over yourselves.

And I bet if I called them "old" they would get pissed.. So why is it OK for THEM to call me "baby" and I can't call them "old"?

So.. double standards, too, can be added.

10. Taoist Panda

I feel the same way when people call me skinny. I'm skinny beacuse of a genetic disorder that fucks with my connective tissue, leaving by body plagued with skeletal and muscle abnormalities. People don't like to be called fat but they will call you skinny all day long.

Kobayashi, Castiel and Glamocalypse like this.
  11. Glamocalypse

Glamocalypse ܜܔ Ɽ₳₩Ɽ ܔ gloвal мoderaтor

Apocalyptic Seductress / Wasteland Warrior
    Its fucking impossible to try and get anywhere, to do anything, or even feel safe anywhere anymore when you've got PTSD up to your eyeballs, and enough anxiety disorders to fucking choke a cow... I'm on anxiety medication BECAUSE I NEED IT. That does not mean "Oh yeah, go ahead, help yourself to my medicine!" Yeah I fucking saw you walk into my room at 5 fucking o'clock this morning. You think you're slick? I know your fucking game you junkie bitch! Try getting that shit out from beneath my head, bitch. See what I do. God, you don't even KNOW. You like taking three weeks of medicine away from me? You like making me suffer than pretend you're the victim? There's a reason I count my shit, bitch. Its how I know whenever you try and take something from me. You take even just one and I know. Try it, I wanna see you try it again. Waking me the fuck up twice in one night trying to be all sneaky. FUCK YOU! I HAVE IMPORTANT SHIT TO DO TODAY AND I DON'T NEED YOUR SHIT DISTRACTING ME! God, go choke on some hydros. So tired of you and so done with your drama bullshit.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
    Rogue and Castiel like this.
  12. Snickerz

I confess I'm guilty of this... TO A POINT.... I consider anyone under the age of 25 to be a 'young pup'... BUT.... It's not as an insult as I'm not even over the age of 35.... I say it more as a "you have your whole life ahead of you still, don't stress the small shit because it don't matter" I'm still a young pup, and by telling people that it helps me realize it's ok for me to know that my life isn't over either... I have A LOT of issues that I really don't want to get into, but it weighs heavy on me and there are times that I feel far beyond my years.... I feel old and tired and just flat out worn down... Course if I call someone "young pup" and they call me "old" I don't take offense to it... I usually nod and say "yeah, sadly I am"

People are stupid the world over though.... Like women who wear shirts with words on their chest then bitch that guys are looking at them... "honey, if you don't want people looking don't give them something to look at!" or women who talk with their hands... Right in front of their tits.... Again... Don't draw attention to those bitches if you don't want them seen! Men aren't pigs because they're pigs... Men are pigs because women are dumb bitches that set them up for failure. *smh*

13. Kobayashi

Kobayashi draғтed draғтed

Ahh I feel like I have so much in common with you guys. *_* What a great community!!

I have a problem with hypocrites. For me (and Snickerz called it in the post above) it's the folks (usually female) that rant and rave about gender equality and how women aren't objects (which they're not.. don't get me wrong) but then dress extremely provocatively while getting their panties in a bunch when guys pay sexual attention to them. I'm sorry but really? Yes, it's your choice to wear what you want but you do not get to control other people around you from looking at you like you're a slut, a freak, a misfit, etc. You want to be tough and out of the box, then be tough and out of the box when you receive negative reactions.

I went through that phase in my life where I was trying to find a group that was "me" and one of those trials was wearing really punk clothing with spikes and chains and all kinds of weird shit. I got strange looks and hurtful remarks. That's to be expected when you cross the lines of what your society considers "normal". I never once let that get to me and continued to dress that way until I was too lazy to do it anymore. Ha! (Now I can't find the drive to wear anything but geeky T-shirts and jeans!)

I dunno, it just bothers me when people are like "this is the way I am and if society doesn't like it then society needs to change". Uh, no... if society doesn't like it then you need to grow a thicker skin because you will NEVER change people's ideas and reactions.

Now this doesn't really apply to equality issues in which case I do think things need to change legally. You will still never get 100% acceptance but at least if they're laws against discrimination you can still live your life.

Pretty much the rest of the things in the world that annoy me are work related. HAHAHA! Sooner or later we all come to that point in our lives where you just say 'fuck the world' and don't let much bother you anymore. But holy hell, work is where I spend the majority of my life so when my coworkers irk the shit outta me, they hear it!
    I have issues with people taking my supplies and not returning them. I could care less if you use it, just for fuck's sake, put it back!! Recently I've had to resort to LABELING my own things so if I see them lying around elsewhere, I know they're mine.

People that don't take pride in their work bother me too. Like, yeah I know I'm just an office grunt but I do my job and I do it to the best of my ability. I can't stand it when other people can't do likewise. They make mistakes in their work (no biggie, we all do!) and when it's pointed out they shrug their shoulders, expect you to fix it for them and then continue making the same mistake over and over because why should they better themselves? Someone else will catch the error and fix it.

And I love my boss, I really do, but she's horrible at reprimanding people! Seriously you have to either show up to work drunk or embezzle funds in order to get fired at this place. Not that I want my coworkers fired but considering the ones whose work is so minimal that paying them seems like a waste... someone else would die for that job, especially in our current economy. And it's ridiculously unfair to force the rest of your employees to pick up that slack without a pay raise to show for it.

Blah. Okay I'll stop ranting now because it makes me feel angry and then I feel bad and etc etc.
    I like to be happy so I try to focus on things that make me happy. =D (Though expelling this stuff every now and then helps too!)

Glamocalypse and Snickerz like this.
  14. Castiel

Overnight Stocker
    Home Page:
    When people who say will call you, never actually do. Even though they gave a specific time because I ASKED because I hate the whole 'K I'll call you sometime on this day" thing. I always ask "About what time." That way they have to say a time and I have the right to call if they don't call when they said they would.

15. Taoist Panda

I look at at a woman's breasts because I'm biologically drawn to them like a moth to flame. For millions of years the survival of our species hinged on the breasts of our women, and I spent a good portion of my infancy attached to a pair. Knowing this it seems perfectly acceptable that men are obsessed with them. Much in the same way that women (in general) want strong, powerful men -to better protect and provide for them back then-

TL; DR
    I look at boobies 'cause science.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  16. Snickerz

Agreed! But society in general can't grasp that... I mean they tell women to love their bodies, so what's the big deal when a man loves it too? I adore the attention, but if I say that I'm a slut or a whore..... It's bull is what it is..... Men and women were both created the way they were to draw in the opposite sex... Can't say that though or you're a pervert.... Maybe it's just time to put all 15 smart people in a rocket, go to the moon, and start over. lol.

Kobayashi and Taoist Panda like this.
  17. Castiel

Overnight Stocker
    Home Page:
    I have to disagree with part of this. I'm gay thus not attracted to the opposite sex (though to add to the whole being drawn to breast thing, even though I'm gay, I also like breasts lol because well.. Like Panda said.. Science.). I don't want to make this into a debate thread, but there ARE people who ARE NOT drawn to the opposite genders. But I do agree with the fact that everyone is drawn to someone who they are looking for certain traits in. I actually went into a whole thing about that in another thread. Although our brains are more developed than other living creatures, we still do some things because of our instincts. Though, that doesn't explain why so many girls think I'm attractive XD I'm short and stocky, yet I have seriously had girls take pictures of me while I've just been sitting in my car smoking a cigarette and even hearing them say "Ohh look at him.." XD Like come on. Nothing about me screams provider.. Maybe protector because I'm muscular, but I'm short. Like... 5'3" short.

And now to stay on topic:

People who feel they are entitled. Like get your heads out of your asses.. No one owes you anything. The universe doesn't owe you shit. It was here first.

And people who talk to me while I'm trying to get ready for work or when I get home from work.. I have a routine. When someone talks to me it totally distracts me and I always end up forgetting something and getting discombobulated and confused because they won't shut up and I can't focus on what I HAVE to do because they are DESTROYING it. My roommate is NOTORIOUS for doing this.

And sensitive people.. People who take everything so fucking personally all the time. Grow up. Get over yourself. Time to grow some pussy hairs (if you're a female) and to grow a dick and have your balls drop (if you're a male).

Kobayashi and Snickerz like this.
  18. Snickerz

Oh that opens a whole new can of worms for me Wolf... I LOVE the fact that you're gay.... Seriously.... I'm actually very happy that you are willing to admit to that, being proud of who you are.

The people who are against gays and lesbians make me sick.... I like men... Wth is wrong with a guy liking men? If people weren't so busy judging other people and telling them how the fuck to live then maybe... Just maybe this would be a better world... There's nothing wrong with your sexual preference Wolf, seriously I'm happy to see that you're proud of it. :) Sadly there are so few that are... I have bisexual friends that I knew for YEARS before they felt safe enough to tell me they were bi, men and women alike. I told them not to worry about me not liking something they do because I don't have an issue with people being themselves.

I have an issue with people lying to themselves about who they are because they're afraid of judgement. Like the 'closet cases' I hate that they feel like because of society they have to hide it.... I know this guy who told me that his family shuns him because him being gay is against their religion.... I told him the next time they got in his face to tell them that their god created him just how he is and obviously their god is perfectly content with him being that way so if they have a problem with that they need to open a bible some time and read it.

Sorry I know I went off a bit on this one but I support people like you Wolf, full heartedly and I will until my dying breath.

Kobayashi and Castiel like this.
  19. Kobayashi

Kobayashi draғтed draғтed

Wolf's still taller than meeee! XD I wanna see a picture! ;D

I have to whole heartedly agree with the entitlement thing. And I'll go there, I'm gonna take it to the welfare level. Now don't get me wrong because I know things like food stamps, housing assistance, etc really does help some people. But lemme talk about some of these bitches on Medicaid...

I work at an OB/GYN (clinic for girls). My main job is in the file room (my office is seriously one of the few remaining that outright refuses to move over to electronic records UGGHSDJFn (that pisses me off too)) but I also am able to help out with scheduling and billing. By our last count 89% of our pregnant patients are on Medicaid. And let's face it, welfare really is part location. If you live in a poorer location you're more likely to have it, that's just a fact. My clinic has two locations and both are in middle class white areas. And eighty-nine percent are on Medicaid. That's astounding.

My biggest beef with this is that humans that can't afford to be having children are continuing to have children. I'm not for forced sterilization nor am I pro-abortion. (I promise I'm not that girl that wants to bomb Planned Parenthood or anything!! XD I do have my own opinions but I can also still respect others) I, personally, just think people should be responsible for themselves and their dependents. There's free birth control now, not that it was ever that expensive in the first place.

The girls at the clinic come in with tattoos which are expensive (I understand that maybe they got them when they had more money.. I can get that), their nails and hair freshly done (...that's really pushing it), the newest smartphone (really?) and then complain and pitch fits about their $2 co-pay. Bitch, my medicines that I need in order to LIVE from month to month cost me $250 and that's WITH insurance. D<

I don't have a problem helping out the less fortunate just as I try my absolute best to NOT be envious of those with more than me. But if you're getting a free ride from someone else, or someone else is paying for part of what you're receiving, what the FUCK is that ungrateful attitude?? Why do you complain that you should be receiving even MORE?? I just can't!

I don't believe in scrapping Medicaid but it'd be nice if there was some better oversight to really distinguish between the folks that really do need it and the ones that are abusing it. I -see- the abuse every single day I'm at work multiple times so I think it's justified that I'm very jaded about it. Ugh.

Snickerz- one of my very best friends from high school is gay and I of course knew, and he knew that I knew but never once actually voiced it to me. Last year at our local anime con, he put on this AMAZING presentation on Bara (Japanese gay comics featuring large/muscular men) and afterwards I finally just asked him about it and if he felt like he couldn't talk to me about it. I was so worried because I'm a religious person, though I hoped I had made it clear that, like you Snickerz, I believe God loves ALL his children. Apparently it was just all a misunderstanding because he never even realized he hadn't said anything to me. XD;; And I'll never forget that he said "I think I know what kind of good religious person you are by now," as he gave me a hug. TOT True story, bro. I went into that conversation trying to make him feel better and he did the opposite! Love that man! <3

Uh-oh, I just turned the ranty thread into the feel-good thread! >_^

Snickerz and Castiel like this.
  20. Snickerz

Can't have bad blood without having good blood so it's ok... Nothing wrong with your feel-good moment.

That's a beautiful story. I'm glad to know that you are one of the good ones too. Wish more people were like that.

I also agree with your rant.... I mean people have the right to choose, but to me one of their choices shouldn't be "oh I can't afford a baby so let's have four" It's homicide no matter how you slice it. Then those women who kept popping out kids want to take the money from the governments or they go through post mordom depression or whatever the Hell it is and hurt/kill their kids.... And that's ok? The hell it is!

This world is messed up.... I don't have kids and I'm actually scared to have kids because I don't want to raise someone in a world like this. :(