1. Wanting a new Role Play but feeling a bit shy? Remember we are a family here. Don't be afraid to take the first step, send the first message, and start something new. If you want someone to bounce ideas off of you can always look for us in the Chat, we are here. We love role playing as much as you do.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you are having problems registering please contact Castiel at [email protected]
  3. Our FAQ has been edited and questions have been added. Check it out here! Things will be added in the future as questions come up or other questions are thought about.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Top RP Sites Top RP Sites Want some more partners? Vote EVERYDAY for us on TopRPsites! Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

What Really Grinds your Gears?

Discussion in 'Rant Threads' started by Rogue, May 11, 2014.

1. Rogue

Rogue ☢Pᴇʟᴠɪᴄ Sᴏʀᴄᴇʀʏ☢ adмιnιѕтraтor

Supreme
    THIS

2. Kiyoto

Kiyoto draғтed draғтed

OR! When people do not even ask you to do things, they volunteer you to just do something. No manners...no please or thank you...and sometimes even having the nerve to then bitch about how you are not doing it right.

Castiel and Rogue like this.
  3. Taoist Panda

Taoist Panda ѕcrιвe ѕcrιвe

When people use the kitchen table as a god damn dumping ground for anything they don't feel like putting away. -.-

4. Howahkan

Howahkan Piggy Princess gloвal мoderaтor

Ruling over my piggy subjects
    People interrupting you when you're talking, either to add their input, tell their own story, or anything else. Sometimes people are nice and stop you for a second to remind you of something important and apologize for interrupting. That I'm okay with, because I do forget things. Other wise, It makes me really mad and want to stop talking. Like apparently I wasn't talking so pleas continue. >.<

When people are nervous over something and say they are going to have a panic attack or an anxiety attack. As someone who suffers from this, it isn't something I find funny. I get that they are nervous over whatever, but I don't find it necessary to use those word choices. It bothers me so much, because they are usually laughing like "Oh my gosh I almost had a panic attack at the haunted house LOL". Panic/anxiety attacks have plagued my life for a very long time and your jokes don't sit well with me. Society doesn't make it any easy with the whole mental illness stigma. Thankfully there are campaigns that are trying to stop it. To me it's similar to someone saying "I didn't eat today I'm so anorexic LOL." Eating disorders are not funny and are a serious problem. Why would you joke about that? People's problems are not funny I don't understand where people get this from.
    Then these are the same people who roll their eyes and tell me to "Calm down." and "Relax." because "It isn't a big deal.". If I could do those things, I obviously wouldn't have my panic/anxiety problems. That's the catch 22 with the thing so please, please do not tell me to do those things. I know full well what I'm supposed to do and you are not helping. That isn't to say when I'm having an attack someone I trust telling me that "it's okay" is completely different, because in that moment it's nice to know that I'm not crazy and the world hasn't changed. Just my brain is being dumb. I hope that makes sense, if not I can try and explain it better. I guess one is being condescending and thinking they know how to fix the problem and the other is more "I know this sucks, but I'm here to try and help.".

Castiel likes this.
  5. Castiel

Castiel Angel of the Board adмιnιѕтraтor

Meat Clerk
    Home Page:
    I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH THIS. ALL OF IT.

I don't have anxiety problems, but it pisses me off when people do that with ADHD. Because I HAVE ADHD, so when someone is like "OH I'M SO ADHD LOL" I'm like "shut yo mouth, no you're not." Or when people make jokes about people with ADHD. IT'S NOT FUNNY. I'm allowed to do that because I DO have ADHD, but those who don't I feel have no right.

Howahkan likes this.
  6. Howahkan

YES! That and for people who have OCD. I can't even count the times I've heard someone say "It's my OCD LOL". I'm pretty sure you'd know if you had it and you wouldn't be laughing about it.

I feel the same about having anxiety. I make fun of it sometimes, but it's a way of dealing with it almost. Like maybe if I keep joking about what I get anxious over, it'll stop making me feel that way. Plus, sometimes I think of something funny about it (more like dark humor) and say it. It's like people think being this way can be funny. Maybe they are hungry for attention? That isn't the way to do it and I just wanna shake them by the shoulders. Ahhh >.<

Castiel likes this.
  7. Kiyoto

Kiyoto draғтed draғтed

People who seem to have you all figured out. They automatically know: who you are, what your thinking, what your feeling, what you want, what is best for you, and what you can or can't do for you, without even bothering to ask or talk to you. So they end up doing whatever the hell they want off of those assumptions, which at times ends up only causing major drama. I hate people assuming things without talking to me, it is a HUGE pet peeve. I also hate being told what I can and can not do, in the sense that someone acts like they have me all figured out and know what I am capable of when they barely know me at all.

Castiel likes this.
  8. Castiel

Meat Clerk
    Home Page:
    When people promise they'll do something but turn around and say they never said that. Or they "forgot" they said that. Don't know why at this point I'm so shocked about it anymore. Always the same thing with those two.

Kiyoto likes this.
  9. Kiyoto

Kiyoto draғтed draғтed

I agree with this. I hate when people play innocent. They can say all this stuff to your face one minute, then not even five minutes later their like "I never said that". Even if it is not a promise, people do this to me all the time in arguments or something, which makes them seem like their playing the victim and you are overreacting or getting mad over nothing. But they remember perfectly apparently everything you say or do.

10. Kiyoto

Kiyoto draғтed draғтed

I am so sick of one sided relationships. I am so sick of being the bad guy, of being the one who is always in the wrong and having my own feelings that is what grinds my gears. People who are all about themselves and their problems. People who say their your friends, even at times your best friends who you are always there for, but are never there for you when you really need them. I hate how there is ALWAYS an excuse, which ends up making me feel like a bad guy and like I should apologize when I have done nothing wrong. How whenever I speak up about how I feel, suddenly I am the one not being a good friend, and basically gets pushed aside.

I hate always having to be the one to say sorry and chase them, or basically face being ignored and invisible. I have been so done with this for awhile and have pissed people off recently because I wont chase them and I really do not care. Lol, this may sound like drama or just me being a child but when you are constantly the rock for everyone and when it comes to needing to lean on someone, suddenly it is a crime lol. Family, friends, whoever...it just gets to be a lot of suffocating weight. I do not mind being a friend, and hell any who have been my friend will most likely say I have been a good one. But when you begin simply using me as someone to revolve around you like a planet revolves around the sun, I will draw a line. I could go on, but I shouldn't lol x.x. Sorry for the drama.

Castiel and Howahkan like this.
  11. Rogue

Supreme
    Immature brats who can't stand to see that someone may be doing just fine, if not better, without you.
    These people are fucking rude, immature, fucking morons. And honestly, give me a moment here to unload, what is about to come out of my mouth is probably very unbecoming and out of character, but here goes.

Your site was shit, okay honey? And that's no one's fault but yours. You chase away DECENT people because YOU CANNOT STAND THE THOUGHT that they are not COMPLETELY LOYAL to you. Why the fuck would anyone be? With how you treat people? Conning them out of their money, being fucking two faced as all Hell, and then wanting to play the victim when shit's not going your way.

This is why you are lonely. And your little chinless, baboon ass-faced friend? The 'abusive' significant other? She deserves it. Maybe if she didn't try to manipulate other people by being a RAVING LOW FUNCTIONING PSYCHOTIC SOCIOPATH this shit wouldn't happen to her. Although, you're a moron for buying it. Abusive partners don't buy the victim a multitude of things, shower them in love, and take them out at least five times a week to expensive places.

This misery you've got, living with your mom, unable to hold a steady productive job? That's Karma, bitch.

And so am I.

C.C., Howahkan, Castiel and 1 other person like this.
  12. Howahkan

Seeing advertisements/commercials for places that aren't in my state. I know it's kind of a "first world problems" sort of thing, but it annoys me so badly. I keep seeing "Joe's Crab Shack" commercials on tv and I want to go and try their new lobster deals. I live in Ohio and the closest one is in Michigan. I looked it up and it's 3 hours (6 round trip).

Same thing with "Jack In The Box". It's (surprisingly) in my state, but 4 hours away (8 hours round trip). The closest "Sonic" was 2 and a half - 3 hours away till about 2 or 3 years ago.

Castiel and Rogue like this.
  13. Rogue

Supreme
    This. A million fucking times this.

Howahkan likes this.
  14. Howahkan

I'm sad that it happens to other people, but at the same time I'm glad someone understands what it's like.

Rogue likes this.
  15. Castiel

Meat Clerk
    Home Page:

YES.

We have commercials for Sonic here all the time and the closest one is 45 minutes away, which isn't too bad, but it's such a killed on gas and my car would probably explode if I drove that far lol My friend Cathryn and I used to go when I was home from college during the summer and on breaks, and their stuff is good, but omg stop showing commercials or bring one to my town!

Rogue likes this.
  16. Taoist Panda

Taoist Panda ѕcrιвe ѕcrιвe

When you're talking to someone and after literately two seconds they stop paying attention to you. I know my voice is deep and slightly monotone but it's like after two seconds it becomes white noise. "I'm thinking about playing....keshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

Castiel, Xavirne and C.C. like this.
  17. Xavirne

Xavirne draғтed draғтed

When people get all butthurt over little, frivolous things. Like c'mon it's just a game. It's just for fun! Don't get your panties in a knot over something so insignificant. There are more important things in life than your online activities and games!

As someone who read into things wrong for about 5 years and has since then been enlightened I can straight-up tell you that you need to stop acting like everything is a personal attack or that it revolved around you. You aren't the center of the universe so stop acting like you are. Games are games. Words are words. Don't take everything to heart and at face value. Lighten up and lose the fear.

Castiel likes this.
  18. Arsenal

Arsenal draғтed draғтed

This is why we are brothers. We share the same problems.

This. I experience this regularly because everyone always takes what I say out of context. Ask anyone. People misconstrue what I say and act like I just raped their entire families in front of them. This also comes from the problem Panda has because of my voice, everyone thinks everything I say is deathly serious. Even if I am smiling wider than the Chesire Cat they get deeply offended. Granted, I am an ass, but you'd be surprised that 75% percent of what people claim I am an ass for is something that wasn't even meant to be that way, they just took it very personally.

Castiel, Rogue and Xavirne like this.
  19. Rogue

Supreme
    People who persist when you've already told them no about one thing.

And it's not like I've said no, period. Like, I said that I would roleplay with them, just no loli's. And yet EVERY PICTURE.
    UGH.

Castiel and C.C. like this.
  20. Sheridan

Sheridan draғтed draғтed

Alright here comes the rant

People who think the older someone is the better they are and twenty year olds are automatically better than anyone in their teens. For example, I was playing minecraft the other day on a server and out of nowhere people started arguing, one guy (I'm guessing in his late twenties) was talking to several friends of mine calling them uneducated children, now note my friends are in high school. But this guy had the gall to say that he was automatically smarter than them, and me, when I joined into the argument because he was saying it could never possibly be a teacher's fault even if their whole class failed and my friends and I all strongly disagreed. I'm not even going to get into that... *sighs and pinches the bridge of my nose*

That was a shorter rant than I expected it to be.

Rogue and C.C. like this.