1. Wanting a new Role Play but feeling a bit shy? Remember we are a family here. Don't be afraid to take the first step, send the first message, and start something new. If you want someone to bounce ideas off of you can always look for us in the Chat, we are here. We love role playing as much as you do.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. If you are having problems registering please contact Castiel at [email protected]
  3. Our FAQ has been edited and questions have been added. Check it out here! Things will be added in the future as questions come up or other questions are thought about.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Top RP Sites Top RP Sites Want some more partners? Vote EVERYDAY for us on TopRPsites! Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

What Really Grinds your Gears?

Discussion in 'Rant Threads' started by Rogue, May 11, 2014.

1. The Impossible Girl

The Impossible Girl draғтed draғтed

Though I am in that often rude 20-somethings demographic, I know what you mean. I was always really mature for my age, and no one would ever know my age unless I told them, but once they found out they'd treat me like I was stupid because they thought I didn't know anything. Sure, there's life lessons that come with time but you can't automatically discredit someone because of age.

My Mini-Rants:
    When people mass invite to events in cities you no longer live in. I get invites to things in GA when I live in NYC. I know it's cause people invite all their friends at once but still annoys the hell outta me.

RUDE PEOPLE- I despise bad manners. I hate them so much it MIGHT be considered excessive. But I can't help it, I was raised by southern hospitality loving VERY POLITE parents. My napkin's in my lap even in McDonald's.

Sexist misogynistic pigs who think because that I'm a young woman I can be tricked into thinking their attitudes are okay. I was simply looking at an apt here, and the owner was 40-something and kept saying things like "I can tell you need to be domesticated" "I'll train you if you move in" and other REALLY CREEPY SHIT (Other gems: "If you move in I expect you to cook breakfast and dinner for me" "I would also expect you to give massages to me daily"). Like you DONT SAY THAT TO A 22 YEAR OLD WHO IS ONLY LOOKING FOR A ROOM TO RENT. I'm a full time employed independent woman with a boyfriend, you have NO RIGHT to treat me like your personal housewife. Ew. Ew ew ew ew EW.

2. Rogue

Rogue ☢Pᴇʟᴠɪᴄ Sᴏʀᴄᴇʀʏ☢ adмιnιѕтraтor

Supreme
    You should have turned around and been like:

-Laughs- "Oh, honey. That's cute, but you don 't make nearly enough money to 'train' or 'domesticate' me. Plus, I have standards for my men. A little more hair on their heads, and a little less round on their bellies."

C.C. and Castiel like this.
  3. The Impossible Girl

I should have, but we were alone in his apartment in the Bronx and I wanted to make sure I made it out of there alive (Unfortunately this isn't even a humorous statement, I half-expected him to chloroform me and lock me up in the NOT FUN way, it was literally one of the scariest things I've ever experienced). Like I'm all for that lifestyle if that's a thing you and your partner enjoy, but it ain't my cup of tea in day to day life and regardless you should NEVER say that shit to someone you JUST MET an hour earlier.

It was a nice place too. He seemed nice at first, then when we sat down to discuss lease terms he said all sorts of shit that was literally insane to be saying to what amounted to a perfect stranger (who had mentioned her boyfriend MULTIPLE times)

Also he wanted me to do all that and STILL pay full rent

4. Rogue

Supreme
    Yeeeah, that's a no.
    If I'm doing all of that bullshit, I'm doing it pampered. You're going to domesticate me? Consider me a housecat.
    Lacking in oppose-able thumbs. Massage your own nasty ass self.

C.C. likes this.
  5. The Impossible Girl

Same! He was so creepy! Also who the hell uses the phrase "Domesticate You" when you're meeting someone interested in renting a room. Ew.

I looked the guy up later and found out he had a marine living with him in 2007 that went insane and murdered four people. They found the marine's weapon stockpile (Well some of it) in the dude's apartment. Talk about dodging a bullet!

Also, I feel like after dealing with that creep unscathed nothing in NYC can scare me lol.

Rogue likes this.
  6. Sheridan

Sheridan draғтed draғтed

When you're trying to find a picture for a roleplay and google just won't give you anything good and you just want to strangle your computer! *groans before flopping on my face*

7. The Impossible Girl

Loool I think I know what inspired this one :p

Also if you want me to help you look I don't mind lol. I have a friend whose pinterest I use as she has the BEST boards of characters.

Rogue likes this.
  8. Rogue

Supreme
    I have a good site for alternative/tattooed models. owo;

Taoist Panda likes this.
  9. Xavirne

Xavirne draғтed draғтed

Rude freaking coworkers.

I was asked to do something by the president and I said yes in a heartbeat. I love doing odd jobs (I had to call-in lunch orders and do a pickup). I asked my coworker (i.e. friend) to tag along with me because why not. I thought it would be fun and it's not like he had anything better to do.

NOPE. I shouldn't have asked. He straight up said no with some serious attitude. He wanted to 1) get paid for mileage and 2) get a free meal. I then explained that this was for the executive board meeting. He said he didn't care and that they should get stuff themselves because they're "not above him."

Uhhh, wut.

No, they are above you. THEY GAVE YOU YOUR JOB. THEY GIVE US MONEY. And they are wicked busy. They have been in a meeting all day. They didn't have 30 minutes to just run around and get food. And let's be honest, some people think it's beneath them. Me? I totally thought it fine. And I love doing stuff like this. I think it's fun!

Regardless, I got thanked and was pretty much told I'm an all-star player. Everyone was impressed that their orders were right AND delivered with their names on them (so there wouldn't be confusion).

Yeah, let's see who gets the next raise, chump. Does he think it'll be him? NOPE! Should be me since I can do the little tasks AND my job.

Still, I just wish some people would get off their high horses and just be reasonable. They didn't ask me out of spite. They asked me because they trusted me and, in my book, that's great.

Rogue likes this.
  10. Castiel

Castiel Night Guard and Rottweiler adмιnιѕтraтor

Overnight Stocker
    Home Page:
    When people say they know me (And also use the word "I know you") when they don't know jackshit. Bitch no one knows me better than I know myself and NO you don't know me. You can't even tell me what my favorite color is when I ask, go fuck yourself. Or alternatively when people say they know what I'm thinking, no you don't! You ain't no mind-reader! I mean sure some people do, but it depends on the situation.. When I just met you and we've only spoken once don't act like you know what I'm thinking or what makes me tick. Hell, my best friends of 12+ years don't know what I'm thinking, you certainly do not. I'm not really an open book at all, my eccentric, hyperactive, and take-no-shit attitude steers people away from closer, more personal things because I'm such a little ball of energy the everybody just gets like that when I'm around and we all have fun for the most part. There's never time to ask deeper more personal questions.. And I'm actually ok with that. I pride myself in my enigmatic personality. No one knows my deepest darkest secrets, and I like to keep it like that. The funny thing is that people who say they "know" me "the best" are the ones who know me the least.

I like to laugh at those who think they know, but clearly have no idea.

Howahkan likes this.
  11. Rogue

Supreme
    People in general.
    Sometimes, I feel like everyone around me just acts like a bunch of battered and fried assholes.

Howahkan, Xavirne, C.C. and 1 other person like this.
  12. Taoist Panda

Taoist Panda ѕcrιвe ѕcrιвe

Mmmmmm

Xavirne and Rogue like this.
  13. Castiel

Overnight Stocker
    Home Page:
    When people still spell things wrong when the word is clearly right in front of their face. Typos are different but spelling "Ask" like "axe" constantly over and over again when the word "ASK" is in front of your face is ignorant and moronic. Learn to read or look up the correct word.

When people ask the same question when it's already been answered 10 times before and is, again, clearly in front of their faces. Like on Facebook Statuses and what not. Fucking read people.

Or, my favorite, when my roommate and/or my brother ask what my work schedule is when it's right on the goddamn fridge like it is every week. Again, RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEIR FACES. I don't like having to repeat myself more than three times.

There is more for me to rant about but for now I have to go to work haha.

Rogue likes this.
  14. Kiyoto

Kiyoto draғтed draғтed

This is not really one thing in specific, it is a few things all at once lol.

This is NOT my morning. Been sick all weekend, which included my birthday. Woke up to a huge monsoon storm this morning at two am pouring buckets of rain. So when I go to ride in as usual with my roommate I am sitting there hoping the rain will stop. I leave from his work at five thirty in the morning because it is an hour and fourty five minute walk to my college. So I get ready to leave and it is still pouring. I'm like dammit.. So I remember there is an umbrella in the car, so I have to go get the keys cause I was in a hurry and forgot mine to the car. I could not find the idiot till ten minutes after I was supposed to have left already and he was pissed of, so I had to go get the umbrella.

THEN, just when I think it is going to be a pain in the ass to walk to school in the rain enough as it is...I get down the street to the light, and the entire top of the umbrella goes flying off the handle part with a gust of wind. Leaving me standing there in the rain. So I turn around and have to walk back to his work, getting soaked. I look for him again and can't find him. When I finally do, he is super pissed, I'm super pissed, so he tells me just to get in the car and he'll drive me. So we pull into the drive loop thing and he asks me where I want to get out. I say in the back, so he drives forward not even a foot and just stops.

So I say screw it and get out, having to then walk across the dark campus in the pouring rain at six in the frikin morning to over by the library where there is an overhang, to wait till the library opens at about seven. I'm soaked at this point, cold and sick, hoping one of the security guards dosn't come up and yell at me or think I'm a creeper. THEN, just when I think things are ok finally, the library opens up and I can relax and dry off before my class at eight, I get on my e-mail and guess what e3e, I get a frikin message that the campus is closed until noon.

So I'm sitting here like...son of a... Pissed off, wet, sick, and possibly in bad terms with my roommate now....and classes are cancelled.
    I am NOT walking all the way back in the rain to his work, and I do not want to tell him, cause I do not want to deal with the drama that will come with it. On top of that, I have a chemistry lab at 12-2:40, which comes just after the campus is supposed to open up. So I do not know if my instructor is going to cancel that part to, or make us go, since I have heard nothing yet at all. All in all, today is really not my day XD BUT! I am oddly in a good mood lol, I'm weird, I know x.x.

15. Castiel

Overnight Stocker
    Home Page:
    People who have NO RESPECT for ANYONE ELSE's time.

I have plans tonight and my roommate was supposed to be bringing home pizza and I have to leave in a half hour. She is not home yet.
    I call my dad yesterday about this weekend (since I'm going to Vermont with him) and originally he told my brother and I that we would be away the 12th, 13th, and 14th. DID NOT MENTION that we are leaving Monday morning as opposed to Sunday evening. My brother has a full time job and has to work Monday. Luckily I already requested Monday off. But really? Fail. So much fail. I'm so tired of people like that. I have plans. I have a life. My life does not revolve around you.

Rogue likes this.
  16. isos_duke

isos_duke draғтed draғтed

When people don't follow procedures. This has been something that has been bugging me for a few weeks now. It's like, we tell you how the process works, then you don't follow it. You don't follow it so it doesn't get handled how it should and somehow it's MY fault... Really?!

I just LOVE how mature people can be when you try to nicely tell them how things are supposed to be handled. Nope, it's all my problem, not theirs. It's my fault that things didn't work properly when you didn't work the proper channels. It's not like I can even do anything about it! I try, so has my boss, but no, it's our fault, ALWAYS our fault.

I get this feeling a lot of it has to do with the fact a full finance department is new here so I've only been here for 6 months. Even though they aren't finance, clearly, I don't know how to do my job as well as you do even though you didn't go to school for finance...

17. Kiyoto

Kiyoto draғтed draғтed

What grinds my gears is people in writing sometimes. Everyone makes their characters...everyone wants them to stay in character and be able to do things that they would do. However, I get a bit peeved at times when people start complaining about how your character is acting, just cause it interferes with their character acting how their supposed to. Let me explain. I am in this group rp elsewhere, and the host's character is a mystery....we are not supposed to know his background or powers or anything about him. So my character is a bit hard to deal with for his own personal reasons, and her character is difficult as well. Their both ones with strong personalities, obviously gonna clash a bit. So I made a post and got a message later on, saying that they know my character may not realize it or want to admit it, but their character is supposed to be one of the most powerful ones of their race. I get told he is respected and feared by all...and basically because my guy has a bit of an attitude or something, that they dont know how to post because it clashes with how theirs is supposed to act. That apparently he can read how people feel now and see what their thinking, that I should not do something that would end in my character being killed cause they could not go around it without making their character look weaker than they are.

I'm like ok, I get it, but that is just also how mine is. They barley know each other, he is not going to just roll over for someone and be all fearful of them simply because that is how everyone else is with them. THEN I do not get a response, so I think it is ok....find out elsewhere, that she has been complaining about my character keeping her from posting because of this same reason after the fact. I say screw it and edit my post. So then she says thanks for working with her, that it is hard to keep things a secret while still expecting people to understand how it is supposed to be. That comment just really annoyed me. "How it is supposed to be?" I understand being in control of your own rp's, and having that power as the owner...but there is a line where you don't have to be a complete snob about it and just expect everyone to bow down and do whatever you just expect to happen. Otherwise, what is the point of giving people the chance to write for their own characters how they see them to be? So I told her I get it, but she also needs to be willing to work with me. That he has been through a lot, and my character is as he is for a reason.

But of course she goes on to say she understands, but still anyone who is not human should be able to pick up on that her character is this big shot, and know that it is not wise to give him any attitude or anything. Basically that they would be wise to bow down, roll over, and do whatever he wants. That she has been working with me without my knowing all along. That annoyed me as well. Sorry, but people who know me, know I hate attitude, I hate being treated like a little kid to. I do not need to be looked down upon or talked to like a three year old. Just really is one thing that gets under my skin...as you can see.. She goes on to say that if it was a book where she was the only one writing, my character would have been kicked out or killed already. I am at my limit at the moment with the rudeness in this and and the arrogance... I may be just totally being stubborn and childish with this in some aspect, but it is just really annoying. Basically being told that your character is not good enough the way they are because they clash with another's character, and that they want you to alter things about said character to make them happy. I am willing to work with anyone as long as they are willing to work with me...but right now, I just kind of want to say screw this rp.

18. Rogue

Supreme
    Weebly. Period.

19. Castiel

Overnight Stocker
    Home Page:
    THIS GOD AWFUL WINTER WE'VE BEEN HAVING. Enough of this bullshit already Ugh. I already crashed my car the other day (broke off part of the front bumper, almost knocked out one of my fog lights, and my license plate is now dented) and almost crashed it AGAIN today because the state doesn't know how to take care of the road properly.

Howahkan likes this.
  20. Castiel

Overnight Stocker
    Home Page:
    Hate to double post but well, it's been quite a few months so I think it's alright.

My biggest gear grinder right now is working like a full-timer when I'm only part-time and only being paid a part-time wage.. And not having a weekend off since April or a Sunday off since mid-June.

Rogue likes this.