• We here at RRP have added a new member to our Staff! Be sure to go and congratulate Ignus on their promotion! We love you, Iggy! Thanks for sticking with us! --Rebellion Roleplaying Staff
  • Wanting a new Role Play but feeling a bit shy? Remember we are a family here. Don't be afraid to take the first step, send the first message, and start something new. If you want someone to bounce ideas off of you can always look for us in the Chat, we are here. We love role playing as much as you do.
  • If you are having problems registering please contact Castiel at CastielRRP@yahoo.com.
  • Be sure you follow your dreams always! Unless it is about following a clown into a sewer. Maybe let that one go...
  • Hey, Rebels! We're working on updating our interface, and need to reinstall and find replacements for addons that were unfortunately outdated and incompatible. Please be patient, and we will have it up soon!
  • Check out our new Character Catalogues section!
  • Top RP Sites Top RP Sites Want some more partners? Vote EVERYDAY for us on TopRPsites! Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

Elite: Dangerous and Space Combat Sims

Taoist Panda

ѕcrιвe
ѕcrιвe
For much of my life I have had an undying love for space and the romantic concept of captioning a ship and pirating from greedy mega-corporations and causing general havoc in the cosmos. Few games have facilitated this dream since the one that sparked the desire in the first place, Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos. It was a space flight combat sim that used Newtonian physics and a very detailed sandbox universe that gave me a level of immersion I have been seeking the equal to for a very long time, and was so far ahead of its time (2001) that I think it was widely overlooked save for people that already had an interest in flight simulator games..

Enter Elite: Dangerous

Elite was a space trading/combat game that had a cult following in the 80s that has lasted into the new millennium. With the help of a Kickstarter, Frontier (the developer) has been working on a new game that is approaching the end of its third beta phase, and even though it is still in beta I find myself losing myself in the game already. I'm brought back to warm memories of spending most of my weekends sitting on my bed with my joystick and keyboard liberating shiny cargo from unsuspecting freighters and selling it to independent factions for upgrades and credits. Not to mention the modding community that really opened up an already massive game. While obviously not a new installment of my beloved Independence War game Elite: Dangerous has so many of the things that I absolutely love that I find myself enthralled once again.

Has anyone here a similar love for space combat sims or in general the gritty romance of spacy sci-fi things? Let's discuss!

(I also love gritty spacy sci-fi RPs btw ^_~)