• We here at RRP have added a new member to our Staff! Be sure to go and congratulate Ignus on their promotion! We love you, Iggy! Thanks for sticking with us! --Rebellion Roleplaying Staff
  • Wanting a new Role Play but feeling a bit shy? Remember we are a family here. Don't be afraid to take the first step, send the first message, and start something new. If you want someone to bounce ideas off of you can always look for us in the Chat, we are here. We love role playing as much as you do.
  • If you are having problems registering please contact Castiel at CastielRRP@yahoo.com.
  • Be sure you follow your dreams always! Unless it is about following a clown into a sewer. Maybe let that one go...
  • Hey, Rebels! We're working on updating our interface, and need to reinstall and find replacements for addons that were unfortunately outdated and incompatible. Please be patient, and we will have it up soon!
  • Check out our new Character Catalogues section!
  • Top RP Sites Top RP Sites Want some more partners? Vote EVERYDAY for us on TopRPsites! Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

MMOs! I want to play them. Help? T_T

Taoist Panda

ѕcrιвe
ѕcrιвe
So I've played a few MMOs in my life as a gamer but every time I find myself quitting because I just don't have anyone to play with or I don't play enough to justify the sub costs. I played EVE for about four years before I realized I just hadn't gotten anywhere. Every time I find a good corp things just tend to fail-cascade. Before I quit I did a lot of solo low-sec PVP then just quit.

I played Guild Wars 2 and loved it until I found that there wasn't much of an endgame for me, and I never got into a very active guild so in reality that was my fault. I'm considering picking it back up because they've added a lot of content since the last time I played.

Elder Scrolls Online stalled out for me. I loved the story line but for some reason I just didn't find a guild that interested me and I quite because I wasn't playing enough to justify the sub.

I'm considering getting Wildstar because I followed it for a while and I want to get into an MMO while it is still relatively new but the Sub structure has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Thoughts? Advice? What games are you playing and why do you love them. I'm willing to try new stuff but I want to play with other people. I mean that's the point of the MMO, right?

S

Sadrain

draғтed
draғтed
Oooh, MMOs. Pretty much only games I play nowadays on PC, unless I get absorbed in a good strategy one.

Well, I've went through some, but only two on my plate right now is Guild Wars 2 which I like, but am kinda slow on because I can't really find people to play with. I don't have to say that it's very beautiful of a game, I think. And unique in it's own rights.

The other is Star Wars: The Old Republic. I love it for the story telling part and generally, it's quite fun, but by now most of my friends have all but quit, due to real life, so I'm not online there as much as I'd like. It's either sub or free, although there are restrictions (of which most can be avoided by buying stuff with in-game cash), I play it for free. I am not even that hardcore of Star Wars fan, but the story telling of this game has really got me loving it. I think gameplay itself is decent, too, there's quite a lot of end-game things, perhaps eventually somewhat repetitive, but they're remedying that with new content rather frequently. No doubt, it's interesting to get at least one character up to the end-game (especially with expansion which does cost one time, unless you sub) on each side (Republic and Empire, respectively), as the quests and all will be completely different.
Also, they are bringing player housing, which is kind of really cool especially for RPers there (they got RP servers and all) soon. In the end, it all comes down to personal preferences. Some love it, some hate it.

Taoist Panda

ѕcrιвe
ѕcrιвe
Oooh, MMOs. Pretty much only games I play nowadays on PC, unless I get absorbed in a good strategy one.

Well, I've went through some, but only two on my plate right now is Guild Wars 2 which I like, but am kinda slow on because I can't really find people to play with. I don't have to say that it's very beautiful of a game, I think. And unique in it's own rights.

The other is Star Wars: The Old Republic. I love it for the story telling part and generally, it's quite fun, but by now most of my friends have all but quit, due to real life, so I'm not online there as much as I'd like. It's either sub or free, although there are restrictions (of which most can be avoided by buying stuff with in-game cash), I play it for free. I am not even that hardcore of Star Wars fan, but the story telling of this game has really got me loving it. I think gameplay itself is decent, too, there's quite a lot of end-game things, perhaps eventually somewhat repetitive, but they're remedying that with new content rather frequently. No doubt, it's interesting to get at least one character up to the end-game (especially with expansion which does cost one time, unless you sub) on each side (Republic and Empire, respectively), as the quests and all will be completely different.
Also, they are bringing player housing, which is kind of really cool especially for RPers there (they got RP servers and all) soon. In the end, it all comes down to personal preferences. Some love it, some hate it.

Thanks for the reply! I think I'm going to pick up playing Guild Wars 2 again. And I totally forgot about SWTOR! I played the crap out of that game, even have the Founder title. I was a really bomb Trooper/Bounty hunter healer. It was kind of silly what my friend and I could do with my healer and his tank.

What servers do you play on with those respective games? Maybe we could play together sometime.

S

Sadrain

draғтed
draғтed
Oh, Trooper! My main, love her. And good healer/tank team can do some really amazing things, that's true.

Would be nice if we could play together somewhere. I'm on The Harbringer (USA PVE, long story how I ended up there since I'm actually from EU area xD; ) there.

Too bad we can't ghost our characters over to another server for a while like on GW 2. I play there on Gandara, which is European.

But that's about all MMOs I can offer, only ones that have held me so long. Well, actually I'm rather new to GW 2, like few months of owning it and much less of playing, but still. At least it won't ever run away from me. Good thing about non-sub games and all. Wish I could offer some you didn't know.

A

Arsenal

draғтed
draғтed
Wildstar is pretty lackluster but if you enjoy the look and feel, play it. All I play honestly is Elsword because it meets my Dungeon Fighter Online criteria and it's easy to get into and enjoy. I need something simple in my life.

C

C.C.

draғтed
draғтed
GPotato (now webzen) has a few MMOs to pick from. AeriaGames has a much larger selection.

They should all be free to play. I recommend starting there.​

Rogue

Pᴇʟᴠɪᴄ Sᴏʀᴄᴇʀʏ
adмιnιѕтraтor
I'm partial to Elsword myself.
I really liked Requiem before it became a dead zone and they merged the servers. :/