• You spoke, and we listened! We have returned with an updated chat that you will notice hovering at the bottom of the screen that can be opened by clicking on 'Chat'. Within this, you'll be able to chat with members in the chatroom, and also send private messages through the chatbar, thus eliminating the need to go back and forth to your messages, your messages will go with you! Yay!
  • We here at RRP have added a new member to our Staff! Be sure to go and congratulate Ignus on their promotion! We love you, Iggy! Thanks for sticking with us! --Rebellion Roleplaying Staff
  • Wanting a new Role Play but feeling a bit shy? Remember we are a family here. Don't be afraid to take the first step, send the first message, and start something new. If you want someone to bounce ideas off of you can always look for us in the Chat, we are here. We love role playing as much as you do.
  • If you are having problems registering please contact Castiel at CastielRRP@yahoo.com.
  • Be sure you follow your dreams always! Unless it is about following a clown into a sewer. Maybe let that one go...
  • Hey, Rebels! We're working on updating our interface, and need to reinstall and find replacements for addons that were unfortunately outdated and incompatible. Please be patient, and we will have it up soon!
  • Check out our new Character Catalogues section!
  • Top RP Sites Top RP Sites Want some more partners? Vote EVERYDAY for us on TopRPsites! Top RP Sites Top RP Sites

Staying Logged in Issue

X

Xavirne

draғтed
draғтed
Uhh... for some odd reason I have to keep logging in if I open a new tab. And, if I don't, it logs me out of the other page that I was active in. Not sure if this is just a "Xavi-only" issue. Figured it was best just to report it on the off chance I'm not the only one with this issue.

Updates:
Using a plug-inless version of Mozilla (can't have images showing while at work).
Restarting didn't fix it.
Might just be a random error on my end due to my unique display needs?

C

C.C.

draғтed
draғтed
Did you check the box to remain logged in at all times?

You may also want to tell Firefox to remember your password for the site.

There's a chance Java is being a little bitch and causing problems. Make sure it's up to date.​

Rogue

Pᴇʟᴠɪᴄ Sᴏʀᴄᴇʀʏ
adмιnιѕтraтor
This is certainly a unique issue, and may have an issue with your computer/network confusing the site as a social network and refusing to keep you logged in...
Try what C.C. suggested, and if it's still an issue, I will poke around with our tech and see if anything comes up.

X

Xavirne

draғтed
draғтed
Well that's the thing, this is the first time this has happened and I've been doing this method of logging in since I joined. It's just really weird. Although, this is my first time connecting in NY -- not sure that should be the issue but it's definitely the only difference between this time and all the other times. Unless there was a minor site change? Or browser patch/update (of which I cannot download; remember, I cannot have an updated form of the browsers as I cannot have images display). ... okay so there are a lot of variables! Either way, I'll just keep 'dealing with it' as it happens and hope that in due time it'll correct or become a non-issues.

Rogue

Pᴇʟᴠɪᴄ Sᴏʀᴄᴇʀʏ
adмιnιѕтraтor
I will poke about and see if it's an issue on our end, otherwise, it may just be a browser issue. >:

C

C.C.

draғтed
draғтed
Did you update Java? That's critical as Java can disturb anything- including any sites you visit daily.

Keep in mind, Java is a script related program. Whether you want to display images or not, Java needs to be up to date for your browser to work properly.​

X

Xavirne

draғтed
draғтed
As far as I know, the browser is updated but there are aspects that are blocked. Today I'm not having issues so yesterday might have been an off day for my computer. Who knows!

C

C.C.

draғтed
draғтed
To be safe, you should look to see if your Java is up to date. Firefox does not update Java for you, you must update it manually.

Verify your java version. If you need to update it you can look for the proper version here.

Rogue

Pᴇʟᴠɪᴄ Sᴏʀᴄᴇʀʏ
adмιnιѕтraтor
Apparently my Java was not up to date. >______>;

-updates-

X

Xavirne

draғтed
draғтed
Java, Shockwave, Silverlight, NVIDIA, Adobe -- all are up to date, as per work requirements and notices. I don't have to worry about anything not being up to date or installed improperly.

I truly believe my issue comes with the grittier version of Mozilla I am forcing myself to work with. I have certain plug-ins and extensions disabled to allow myself to access the site while at work. If I do not take these precautions, I would cease to be a member of the site as I usually only access it during down times while at work.

In addition to using Image Block, I have to use incognito mode when logging on too -- so saving/remembering usernames is null and void the second I close my browser. Again, this is all on my end as I cannot be on the site without taking these extra, necessary measures.

I do believe that doing all this back-end stuff to secure my accessing of the site is what is infringing upon my ability to stay logged in when opening new tabs and windows. It is definitely a pain but it's the only way I can access the site without 1) getting caught or 2) making it blatantly obvious that I'm doing something I'm not supposed to be doing.

Image Block adds a toggle button that conditionally blocks/allows loading of images on webpages. Blocking images results in faster browsing, especially helpful on handheld devices or slower connections like GSM/GPRS/EDGE dial-up etc.Image Block adds a toggle button that conditionally blocks/allows loading of images on webpages. The toggle button is added to the navigation toolbar (extreme right) by default. Blocking images results in faster browsing, especially helpful on handheld devices or slower connections like GSM/GPRS/EDGE dial-up etc.

Recently in a review one user pointed out that Image Block is quite useful when you visit websites which show dirty and adult advertisements, while also containing useful information. If you are not sure of what you are about to see on a webpage, just block images to avoid possible embarrassment.

It can also be used at work where your boss doesn't allow you to surf the web or social networking websites!! They look very different (hard to see which site you are viewing) with image blocking on.

- Version 2.1 fixes a couple of bugs, adds tooltip and french language ( thanks to Vincent Caron for this update).
- Version 2.0 fixes compatibility issues with Firefox 3.5, it also adds the button to the navigation toolbar by default.
Very simple image blocking extension, hopefully useful!

This is my the first extension, I always try to "Keep It Simple, Stupid"

Rogue

Pᴇʟᴠɪᴄ Sᴏʀᴄᴇʀʏ
adмιnιѕтraтor
Now that everything is a little clearer, it's definitely because you're using 'incognito' mode. It acts like of like a proxy, it won't keep you logged in, it registers a new tab completely differently from the original tab.

X

Xavirne

draғтed
draғтed
But that's the thing, it has never done this before. It's only doing it now, which is what's so weird. How can it work one week and not the next?

C

C.C.

draғтed
draғтed
Depending on the company you work for they could issue remote updates to their computers.

You should be fine as long as you don't open more tabs or windows and stick to the tab you're using for RRP.​

Rogue

Pᴇʟᴠɪᴄ Sᴏʀᴄᴇʀʏ
adмιnιѕтraтor
I'm not sure why it worked before but isn't now, but I'm almost positive that that is the issue.